Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[ORE] Stats, stats, stats

Hello all,

I'm not a new gamer by any stretch, and my friends and I have
attempted to play Wild Talents a number of times, but we seem to keep
getting tangled up in the intricacies of building miracles.
Additionally, I think we get stuck with concerns of balance despite
the frequent examples the designers bring to what I call "characters
that are so powerful that they are no fun." Sure, someone can make a
player who can throw the earth out of orbit. Now what? The fact is, I
think this is a dangerous game for anyone tempted to power-game, and
the system is probably better suited to an approach more like many
diceless systems like Amber or Nobilis. But I digress.

One of the issues that I have with playing the game is that there
aren't many pre-stated resources to rely on, so I'm with those posters
who ask for examples, not just of heroes, but of equipment, animals,
types of damage, etc. It would be nice to have some samples to quickly
refer to rather than having to build so much from scratch. I like Wild
Talents, but I find that it can be time consuming, and now that I have
a job, family of my own, etc., I don't have the same time to devote to
my gaming as I did as a teen. And as for newbie gamers, the examples
should certainly help.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment