Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [ORE] Re: Martial arts rules...

Skill and technique is represented by more skill dice -- 2 body + 4 brawl > 4 body + 1 brawl.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Violence Jack <a.matthew.savage@gmail.com> wrote:
It is a good point, but... I have personally sparred a woman who is
just over a hundred pounds (though not a weakling; she's incredibly
fit). I out-mass her by about fifty pounds, and I'm in pretty good
shape too. Every time I spar with her I bleed. My wife, through
superior skill, has also managed to out-grapple a guy who had about a
hundred pounds on her. Size and strength matter a lot, no argument
there. But I have seen them made up for with superior technique. Hence
why I was thinking of the extra sets enhancing the attack. The attack
is meant to represent the size and strength, the augmentation the
technique.

On May 1, 11:50 am, Matt <moeh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken h2h combat was kept under body to prevent the Dex=god stat for combat. At the end of a day without a miracle or a weapon a 98lb weakling's punches and kicks will always be tickles compared to 6'10" brute of equivalent skill.
>
> -Matt Conlon
>
> On Apr 30, 2012, at 3:17 AM, Violence Jack <a.matthew.sav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > So I was looking at how to model martial arts rules recently. Watched
> > a cool kung-fu movie (True Legend), and thought that it would not be
> > inappropriate for my character to pick up some skills. I have a copy
> > of the limited edition rule set back home in Canada, but I've been
> > living abroad for a couple years now, and just recently picked up the
> > Essentials Edition on my Kindle. Lots of fun stuff, but the stuff
> > referred to in the pdf martial arts supplement apparently refers to
> > the original rule set, as there is no martial arts skill currently. I
> > recall something about it not being a rolled skill and could modify
> > the brawl skill, but not exactly how (I'll be picking up my old copy
> > when I visit home in August)...
>
> > So what I was thinking of doing in the meantime was something like
> > this. Martial Arts would be kept as a separate skill, under
> > Coordination. However, it would be exclusively treated as a 'multiple
> > actions' style modification to the Brawling skill - limited in dice
> > pool to the lower of the two pools (Brawl+Body and Martial Arts
> > +Coordination). Best set goes to the attack itself, and extra sets
> > could then be used to modify the result of the Brawl dice; maybe width
> > bonus to damage, or to initiative, or to pull off some slick
> > manoeuvres as in the Martial Arts .pdf file.
>
> > Does that sound reasonable to people? Do any groups out there play
> > with more detailed martial arts? Am I overthinking this? My crazy
> > albino wanna-be ballerina is probably going to start studying
> > something, and our GM is open to testing my plan. I'll post some
> > updates on how it plays out, if anybody is interested. Suggestions are
> > also very much welcome.
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment