Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [ORE] [WT] Powersuit Character (Did I do this right?)

If/Then when rollerblading is a 1 pt flaw. Rollerblades are portable, if they're custom fit they probably don't take more than a few seconds to put on and if they're your primary mode of transportation you're probably going to have them on when you show up and when you leave a place which accounts for a lot of time. It's basically social taboo to wear them in a house or store and most commercial offices probably won't look twice at them because of courier service personnel. 

Spray is cheap, but keep in mind it's only relevant for the actions it's added to, so spraying a gun at one target while running a complex obstacle course is 1 attack and 3 athletics actions, the Spray on the gun doesn't eliminate the penalties for all those athletics (but adding extras to hyperbody/hyper coordination/hyper athletics would). 

I think my interpretation of mixed dice pools with varying amounts of special dice is the most fair to the player, but it also seems to be the one most people are having a hard time understanding. 

When you're figuring out the smaller pool ignore the types of dice in them, just count the type of dice. How many are there? Choose the smaller pool. Now Look for an order of operations/protocol to figure out what kinds of dice you'll use:

-Are there enough dice to make as many sets as you've declared actions? If no you can't succeed, if yes read on
-What kinds of dice are in the pools and how many of each kind can you afford to use?
--If using only normal dice roll and look for sets
--If using any hard dice you have to use them all, if using them all means there's no room left in the pool for any other kind you can't successfully perform a multiple action with them. 
--if you have wiggle dice in either pool how many are you using? they can only be used for a set from the pool they came from.

Example: I have Harm 5wd and Uberdodge 6d+2hd. Using both in one round means 2 actions. -1 to the pool. HD lost first so I have a 4d pool 

(5 for the smaller pool -1 for the extra action)

which can be formed by drawing from 5wd that can only make sets for Harm OR a 6d+1hd pool (1hd because HD are lost first from penalties). my best bet here is to take 2wd from Harm and make my attack set, take the remaining1hd from Uberdodge and roll one die from Uberdodge praying for a 10.

Alternatively I could decide I was a dumbass during declaration phase or having seen no one was attacking me later in declarations and opt to use 4wd only, automatically failing to dodge (no big deal since no one was attacking me) and score a 4xn set on my attack.

Now let's add spray to the Harm power
Using the same example you have 2 more dice to roll.
Add Spray to Uberdodge, you have 2 more dice to roll.

-Matt Conlon

On Jul 24, 2012, at 9:04 PM, BronyPwny <sharks1288@hotmail.com> wrote:

Huh... So I'm wrong in thinking that if, say, you're jump n' shoot man, and you're trying to jump and shoot, and you're jump ability is 2d 3w, and your shoot ability is 2d 4w, that you don't just use the 1d3w die pool and try to get 2 sets with that? But, instead, you take that die pool, and mix and match the dice you have in both your abilities? Because that seems to be what it said in the book... (Goes to read book), OOooooh, Okay then, it never became a problem for me as I've never done anything past trying to do the same action multiple times, so I missed that particular piece of ruling.

So... Can I just say this? I'm going to just say this.. HOLY CRAP is spray a cheap extra! Especially for everything that it does! for 1 point I add 1d, plus I take no multiple action penalty. Meaning if I try to jump and shoot, instead of rolling 1d3w, and only being able to assign the wd to jumping, I roll 3d3w and assign the wd to jumping. That can get extremely dirty if abused... (Luckily I hate abusing things, and my GM already knows that it's a super cheap extra for what it does, so it's not going to happen)

Anyway, with that out of the way, I understand what Daniel was saying when he said "operational skill:" sets the cap on the skill used. Basically, if the skill goes above the power, then you use the powers dice. The one thing that made me think I could do things this way was 1: glossing over the "Hard and wiggle dice can only be used for the skill, and 2: it says, under operational skill, that you can use your skills wiggle dice for the power... But looking over that now, I understand what they mean.

Cool, so... Other then that,

  • I DID make the powersuit and allocated the points to it correctly, yea? The character itself is flawed in being made, but the powers are right (Including the Hyperstats and skills)?
  • If I have spray on my E.Pistols (since they don't have any real ammo to worry about, and fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, spray seemed reasonable here), and use the pistol skill (because of the lower die pool), which also has the spray attached to it (being able to pull the trigger faster then normal), does that mean i get both instances of spray, or just one? What if I'm also rollerblading fast, and my athletics die pool is lower then my guns die pool? Would I still get the spray dice? Or do I just get to ignore the Multi-action penalty?
  • Also, for you GM's out there, how would you rate the flaw "If/Then: When rollerblading" on the athletics hyperskill? -1 or -2? It seems like a very narrow flaw (in that, if I'm not rollerblading, I can't run to save my life), so I feel like it COULD be a -2, but that, technically, isn't my call.
Reassigning the points are easy, heck, it saves me at LEAST 3 points by not putting WD in my electric guns power (points probably spent going into athletics or pistols hyper skills). This character is all about hit-and-run tactics, move through the group of enemies while firing at them, and then getting out of there faster then they can chase her. Things I could do or change is make her a dodgy character, making the suit a cheap utility that provides power to her other powers, and nothing else, and put hyperskills into dodge while moving. And adding some sense while moving, (yea she's sure-footed, but she can't weave through things going faster then she can see and process). Basically, this character gets shut down if bound. It's why I'm debating linking the gun skill to the suit, and not moving, as a simple bind power will shut everything of her's down.

Anyway, thanks again for your patience and answers, I'm loving how helpful they are, and how much they're helping me learn the system. Things in the book that were confusing me because of hey they were worded are starting to make sense, and it's making the entire experience that much more enjoyable!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cult-of-ore/-/2n6BHxOU6eQJ.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment