Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[ORE] Converting Godlike miracles to Wild Talents (newbie here)

I'm a long-time gamer, but very new to the ORE system.  My entree was via Godlike, and I created my first character in that system.  Since then, I've purchased PDF versions of Kerberos Club and This Favored Land (along with Progenitor and WT 2nd ed.).  I love the idea that my Godlike character was around in the time of the Kerberos Club and This Favored Land (and I'll just hand-wave differences between the settings/systems, as needed).  I'm okay with the idea that some of the powers will adjust somewhat in recreating them in WT terms, but I'm struggling with wrapping my head around the miracle creation concepts and specifics.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for modeling these Godlike powers in the more general WT system?
  • His signature power in Godlike is Fetch, with the Cornucopia Extra and Distort Power Stunt.  (honestly, the only part I'm really jazzed about is the Cornucopia aspect...I could live without the extra boost when Distorting, and even the ability to teleport any object in sight the way the base power allows, if there's an easier/better way to simulate the ability to Fetch tagged objects)
  • Telekinesis, with the Multiple Hands Power Stunt, along with Endless, and Can't Hurt People.  Basically, what I'm looking for here is the ability to manipulate multiple objects in his local environment, and to be able to leave them "hanging" via TK without having to concentrate on them.  (I envision in my head someone walking into his tent, and seeing various items hanging in the air...a book he was reading, his shaving gear, mess kit, etc.)  He merely needs to concentrate on an item to manipulate or move it actively, otherwise it stays where he left it unless he remembers to "put it down".  
  • Detect (People), out to about 100 yards or so, through obstructions, with a longer range (up to a mile or so) if he concentrates (the Close Your Eyes And See Power Stunt).  Also has the Tracking Extra, along with a Blind Spot Flaw.
  • I also had the Perception power, defined as Perceiving "People"...this may be somewhat redundant with the Detect power, above, but I was trying to cover all of my bases.  I saw this one as being a passive counterpart to the Detect's more active usage.  Again, this allows him to see people even though they may be behind cover or obstructions, but only out to the limits of what his (unobstructed) sight might be (at least that's what I was going for).  I had bought this with the Superimposed Extra.
  • the Alert power, for basic danger sense
  • Several Affinity Powers (vs. Fire, Arctic and Underwater environments).  I wasn't really interested in bonus dice when acting in said environments, just the ability to operate in them without damage or undue restriction of action.  Would this be done with Immunity in WT?
Any suggestions of how to build these powers would be much appreciated, and hopefully help me get into the system more readily!  Thanks in advance!


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cult-of-ore/-/SGAJCZAFnT8J.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment