Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [ORE] Getting Around Immunities

Without having a book in front of me I'm inclined to believe the conceptual space of Nullify bypasses immunity as a singular exception. 

I can get behind the metaphysical explanation that the immunity is being nullified as it attempts to resist the foreign power. 

Also, there's an outside chance Zipperneck was out of willpower at the time and his rolled immunity failed.

That's my thinking out loud for the moment. 

-Matt Conlon

On Sep 8, 2012, at 12:43 PM, Hotjets <arkhamalum@gmail.com> wrote:

As has been pointed out, Zipperneck should have been protected from Nullification by his Immunity to everything, if not due to his Heavy Armor, LAR, or his Flight with Defends (which probably didn't beat his attackers 2hd anyway).

I've been thinking about how bypass immunities. The first option is to link an Always On Useful power with an If/Then of only when power X is used for an extra -1. Call the Useful power Bypass Immunity or Ignore Immunity. So, even if your Invulnerable Super-Joe can't have his heart squeezed or mind blasted by Evil Psychic Man's two favorite Non-Physical attacks, EPV can use his Crack Aura NP attack on SJ since it is linked to  Bypass Immunity. This is the approach that makes the most sense to me.

The second possibility is to buy Interference with your Non-Physical attack. This could work, as Immunities seldom have Interference themselves. Have I got this right?

Buying Penetrating for your Non-Physical attack would be very expensive if you plan to confront someone with a bunch of hard dice, like Zipperneck, but might be an option.

I suspect that a clever person could just suggest an Extra that would do this. I'd probably charge +2, just like Non-Physical or Speeding Bullet, but I'd like to hear other ideas about the right cost.

Heck, I'd like any feedback on this subject generally. While I'm willing to criticize ORE at times, it is the main system that I use and I have written very favorable reviews of a couple of the associated world books.

Hotjets

    

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cult-of-ore/-/WaiuCmncHY4J.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment