Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[ORE] (wild talents) creating Alpha

I'm creating a character for an X-Com mod using Wild Talents second edition.  The Storyteller is starting us at 160 points, with no more than 60 useable for powers.
I'd like to do a character with powers similar to SpiderMan's new apprentice, Alpha.  He has a number of powers ala Superman but can only access them one at a time. 
There's a few ways I've devised doing this:
1) Variable effect.  I could take variable effect with multiple qualities and just shift it to whatever is appropriate.  However, I'd like there to be a fixed number of possible powers.  I'm thinking Flight, SuperStrength, Invulnerability, some energy projection blast, and perhaps Immunity to hostile environments.
2) I could use the build for Powerhound where there's a token system and limit the number of powers and/or tokens.  Perhaps 2HD in Armor and I can shift one of those points into a token that can feed the atached powers, effectively disabling Armor while making another one accessible.  I don't want it to go back to armor every turn, though.
3) I could but multiple powers each with a flaw like 'one at a time' and have seperate pools. 
 
The power also needs to recharge, so it would all have a limited number of uses.  Alternatively, it would diminish not from using powers, but instead from shifting between them.  He could fly, but it would cost him exertion for stopping that to become strong.
 
Any suggestions?  I'll be statting the sheet out in the next week or two so I'll let you know what I come up with if I don't hear from anyone.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cult-of-ore/-/OemfwCmZQSwJ.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment