Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[ORE] Re: Fan-made "WT 2.5"

I haven't had a chance to read through everything, so consider this my opinion, but not my informed opinion.

I like that you're trying to "harden" the rules . . . for people who want that. Everything I say should probably be taken with a grain of salt because I'm not your target audience with this project. I like the softness of the WT and its ability to do anything, even if I have to add some arbitrary penalties when a power proves to be just too much or I accidentally make an unbeatable enemy.

There are things I agree with (Augment and Variable Effect are very, very difficult to understand and consistently rule on), and there are things I don't. Useful qualities in my games, for instance, are the most used, and useful, ones. I'll have players who have a preferred method of attack, a way to not get hurt, and a utility belt (literally, in one case) of powers that they pull out to push me closer to the edge of insanity, er, make the game for interesting. Breaking everything down into effects . . . I have a knee jerk reaction that says "that's one of M&M's problems" to me. Sorry, I can't be objective.

Best of luck, really. I'll check in every now and then and maybe provide some feedback. I know I put more negative than positive in here, but I sincerely hope you put some house rules together that strengthen the game and might get some people to play who otherwise wouldn't have.

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:24:12 AM UTC-6, Tim Keating wrote:

Hey all. I posted this over at RPG.net, then this morning I had a giant "duh" moment and realized I might get more traction here, so here I am.

I have done some homebrew-style tinkering with WT, primarily in the character creation area and would love any feedback (or other participation) people are willing to offer. You can find the work I've done so far here: https://trello.com/board/fan-made-wild-talents-2-5e/50fe1113383685367300137b.

If you login to Trello (and you can use your Google account for that), you can comment directly on individual cards, if you so choose.

Thanks!

TK 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment