Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [ORE] Power Review


On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Sean Worcester <worcester.sean@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Longspeak, thanks for the help!  I am in need of someone to bounce these build off of.

One issue I see is you Attached the shapechange to the mind scan. Someone might have a different opinion, but to me "Attached" means the power goes for as long as the power it's attached to is running. So the mindscan would be continual.

What do you think about my reasoning for Attached and Automatic?

The reasoning hinges on the interpretation of the Attached flaw. I'd love a more experienced person to weigh in, but I stand by my interpretation for now. A -2 flaw is supposed to be pretty limiting, so I'd say the Attached power isn't dependent on the activation of the primary power, but on the continuous operation of the primary power. If the primary goes down, the attached power goes down.

I was thinking about it and I realized I also don't like Automatic Flaw for this power. Imagine the Player scanning someone and finding no useful candidates for copying. But the automatic flaw means he MUST change into someone. Could be good for one time comedy relief. :P
 
Alternately, use an if/then on the shapechange:
Useful (Shapechange) Extras & Flaws: Endless +3, Variable Effect +4, If Then (Must Mind Scan First) -1, If/Then: (Variable Effect is only for choosing shape of someone target knows) -1, Self Only -3. Capacity: Self
 
yeah I like this...Thanks!

I did something similar for a PC in my game. She samples DNA with touch, then can assume the shape of the person she sampled. We used an If/Then (Last DNA Scanned) for the shift.

 
 In either case you might consider dropping the size change. If the PCs is around 150 pounds, the shift will let her adopt most people without need for the size shift. Size Shift really just enables extremes. Without those components, the cost of 2hd drops a fair amount.


Well the Player expressed the ability to go from a 3 year old to Andre the Giant so I though Size Shift was needed...+ its like 1 point

Then yeah. You need size shift. :P  Although, if you estimate the PC at 160 pounds, you need three levels to get down to 3-year old (estimating 20 pounds), but only two to get up to Andre the Giant.

 
For the Power Mimic portion of your power, I have a slight issue which might be nitpicking. The If/Then (Variable Effect must match subject's powers), the "subject" is the person you scanned, but the form is someone they know. They haven't scanned the person, to the limitation would draw on... the subjects assumptions?
 
Damn good catch I didn't even see that.  So I will talk to the Player that maybe Power Mimic isn't a good fit with the drawback that they were so keen on.

This limits the PC to powers the subject knows the person has. This means record keeping for you. :) Again, this might just be my nitpick.

Yeah I am not to keen on lots of extra record keeping...

That's my two cents..

Man you rock thanks!  I have 4 other PC's power sets created if you have some spare time and the inclination you mind giving them a critical eye?

I'm happy to help, time permitting. I think there's people here who might be better at it, but I have some time to kill. :)

John

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment