Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[Seattle Go Center] AI Wednesdays are now Saturdays!

Hi all,

I actually meant to blast out this email last week, but y'all know how it is. Anyway I just wanted update everyone on the situation with the AI group, cause we made some re-adjustments recently and several people (including Mike) came to me to confirm wrong info and I'd like to set the record straight.

Firstly with regards to scheduling, AI study is now going to be on Saturdays starting this coming Saturday, Jan 18th. I know some info went out already announcing an afternoon time slot, but the actual time slot is going to be in the evening from 5-7pm. I will be assuming the role of Saturday day manager and will have the Go Center open by 11am, however I will not be teaching until the evening to avoid conflict with my work schedule (I will be working remotely until 4pm) and with the Shogi folks.

Secondly with regards to class content, we will be restarting from the beginning of the book as far as my lecture content is concerned (obviously for those who were part of my previous group, y'all can pick up your projects where we left off). I say 'restarting' in the most subjective sense, since we're cherry-picking sections of the book to cover anyway, but I digress. Mostly this is so that I can record my lecture content this time through, so that we have some online presence for folks to follow if they can't make it in-person. On a similar note, I am reactivating our Slack channel <https://seago-deep.slack.com/> and anyone is welcome to request an invite (just send me an email telling me what email you want the invite sent to). I will announce any administrative business like schedule changes via email, but if you would like to participate in code discussion the Slack channel is the place for that.

Lastly, for those looking to get a jump start, the book is available online <https://www.manning.com/books/deep-learning-and-the-game-of-go> and you can dive right into our code repository <https://github.com/eric-downes/deep_learning_and_the_game_of_go/> and start poking around (most things of interest are in code/dlgo and code/examples). You are encouraged (but not required) to bring your computer to class, so if you have any issues (or you have no idea what a git repository is) fear not! Just go ahead and drop by, or reach out, and we'll get you up to speed.

Think that covers everything for now (probably forgot something). Feel free to pester me if you have any questions.

-Drew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SeattleGo" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to seattlego+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/seattlego/CA%2Bj0_bkyy_99CgKjP1wE5WvDUJj42oKDHh8Tnzp0woUu9X2Tsg%40mail.gmail.com.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment