Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[Seattle Go Center] Introducing New Operations Manager

I'm very excited to announce that we found a new Operations Manager.  Her name is River.  She and I are both learning the ropes from Brian who has graciously come out of retirement part-time for a short while to teach us the day to day business.

Here's an intro from River herself ...
-----------------------------------------------
Hi everyone! My name is River, I use she/her pronouns and I am so excited to be the new Operations Manager and look forward to seeing everyone at the center and getting to know everyone. A bit about me, I have been playing Go for about eight years now and am currently a 6K on OGS and 8k AGA; it is my hope to eventually reach at least 1 Dan! I was taught to play by a friend who wanted someone else to play with when they sat me down in front of a 19x19 board and told the basics and went from there, I have enjoyed the game ever since. I stream Go once a week on twitch; you can find me on twitch as Niaih. I stream with a good friend who is helping me get better; Hugh for those of you that might know him. I really enjoy Go and am looking forward to helping the Go Center grow and to help others find the joy that is playing this game. I enjoy reading, writing board games, and video games. My favorite book series is probably Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, favorite board game is obviously Go, and my favorite video game is probably Final Fantasy Tactics. Well, that is enough of me rambling I look forward to meeting everyone and enjoying a game with you all!  
----------------------------------------------



Please say hello to River on a Tue evening or whenever you meet.

Cheers!!
Bill

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment