Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[ORE] Martial arts rules...

So I was looking at how to model martial arts rules recently. Watched
a cool kung-fu movie (True Legend), and thought that it would not be
inappropriate for my character to pick up some skills. I have a copy
of the limited edition rule set back home in Canada, but I've been
living abroad for a couple years now, and just recently picked up the
Essentials Edition on my Kindle. Lots of fun stuff, but the stuff
referred to in the pdf martial arts supplement apparently refers to
the original rule set, as there is no martial arts skill currently. I
recall something about it not being a rolled skill and could modify
the brawl skill, but not exactly how (I'll be picking up my old copy
when I visit home in August)...

So what I was thinking of doing in the meantime was something like
this. Martial Arts would be kept as a separate skill, under
Coordination. However, it would be exclusively treated as a 'multiple
actions' style modification to the Brawling skill - limited in dice
pool to the lower of the two pools (Brawl+Body and Martial Arts
+Coordination). Best set goes to the attack itself, and extra sets
could then be used to modify the result of the Brawl dice; maybe width
bonus to damage, or to initiative, or to pull off some slick
manoeuvres as in the Martial Arts .pdf file.

Does that sound reasonable to people? Do any groups out there play
with more detailed martial arts? Am I overthinking this? My crazy
albino wanna-be ballerina is probably going to start studying
something, and our GM is open to testing my plan. I'll post some
updates on how it plays out, if anybody is interested. Suggestions are
also very much welcome.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment