Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[ORE] Re: Stats, stats, stats

This is good stuff. I think that Arc Dream should have a web page
prominently attached to its main page that includes these links as
well as other examples/resources for building powers.

Hotjets

On Apr 26, 4:30 pm, Daniel Kane <daniel.m.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A couple step-by-step guides through the decision-making process of
> creating a character would be pretty awesome.
>
> In the meantime, a couple of classic RPG.net threads:
>
> Stat Up Some Reference Heroes:http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?414980-Wild-Talents-Essential-Edi...
>
> The Workshop:http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?415509-Wild-Talents-2nd-The-Workshop
>
> Lots of awesome stuff in general tagged:http://forum.rpg.net/tags.php?tag=wild+talents
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Brian Moore <bmoore....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
>
> > I'm not a new gamer by any stretch, and my friends and I have
> > attempted to play Wild Talents a number of times, but we seem to keep
> > getting tangled up in the intricacies of building miracles.
> > Additionally, I think we get stuck with concerns of balance despite
> > the frequent examples the designers bring to what I call "characters
> > that are so powerful that they are no fun." Sure, someone can make a
> > player who can throw the earth out of orbit. Now what? The fact is, I
> > think this is a dangerous game for anyone tempted to power-game, and
> > the system is probably better suited to an approach more like many
> > diceless systems like Amber or Nobilis. But I digress.
>
> > One of the issues that I have with playing the game is that there
> > aren't many pre-stated resources to rely on, so I'm with those posters
> > who ask for examples, not just of heroes, but of equipment, animals,
> > types of damage, etc. It would be nice to have some samples to quickly
> > refer to rather than having to build so much from scratch. I like Wild
> > Talents, but I find that it can be time consuming, and now that I have
> > a job, family of my own, etc., I don't have the same time to devote to
> > my gaming as I did as a teen. And as for newbie gamers, the examples
> > should certainly help.
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Cult of ORE" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cult of ORE" group.
To post to this group, send email to cult-of-ore@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cult-of-ore+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cult-of-ore?hl=en.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment