Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [Seattle Go Center] Thursday Eve - Learn to play Go with Frank Lam 7pm

Thanks Brian. 

Yes, I'm going to the land of Geishas and Yakuza, the land of cherry blossoms and radioactive power plants, the land of something good and something bad, to soak up some atmosphere for my novel.

I am being besieged, yes literally besieged with requests to give a preview of my upcoming novel. The demand is huge. It's huge!

 Now, I am loath to use this mailing list as a platform for self-promotion and self-aggrandizement, but I'm afraid if I don't acquiesce to the demands of the clamoring multitude there may be rioting or worse at the Seattle Go Center. I wouldn't condone such actions but I would understand. Go players are a passionate lot; they have a lot of passion.

So here's something to sate your passion on, you clamoring hordes, a little taste,  a soupçon (as Monique might say) of my novel.   


My novel is based on the characters in this story. Caution: this story is rated PG-13. 






On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Brian Allen <manager@seattlego.org> wrote:

Dear Members,

 

Larry E will be taking a few weeks off to research his next action novel.  In his place, Frank Lam, Instructor Emeritus, will provide a one lesson introduction to Go, from 7 – 8:30 pm at the Go Center.  "New to the game? Come learn the rules and play your first game!"

 

I will be there to help the advanced beginners.

 

Cheers,

Brian

 

Brian  Allen

General Manager, Seattle Go Center

Nihon Ki-in Go Institute of the West

700 NE 45th Street

Seattle WA  98105

206 545-1424 (Go Center)

206 370-1069 (Cell Phone)

206 632-1122 (Office at Home)

manager@seattlego.org (e-mail)

www.seattlego.org (website)

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SeattleGo" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to seattlego+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SeattleGo" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to seattlego+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment